The trip of a lifetime.

In February of next year I will be embarking on my first lone travel experience.  I've travelled to different countries in Europe and various cities in the UK; but this will be my first trip outside of Europe.  I'm embarking on what is essentially the trip of a lifetime.  It's expensive and has taken some careful, regimented planning on my part.  But I feel it will be totally worth the effort.

For years I've wanted to travel.  I considered going to Nepal, India, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.  All these countries appeal to my interests.  My dream, since I was a small child, was to visit Machu Picchu.  My mum has this big, coffee table style aerial photograph book.  It was full of pictures of the incredible ancient Inca sites.  I was instantly hooked.  This mysterious, incredible place was somewhere I simply had to go.

After seeing some friends of mine travel around South America, I decided to have a think.  I'm 25 years old, I've never travelled - and these realisations stirred something in me.  My previous partners loved travelling, but never seemed to have the interest or time to do it with me.  I found myself considering exactly what I was waiting for.  There is this great big, incredible world out there; and I realised I was missing it all.  I see the same things everyday, dull, UK life.  It was time for a change.  So I looked at a few trips, asked a new friend of mine (who loves travelling) for some advice - I picked up the phone a few days later and booked a deposit for a tour company to travel to Peru and Bolivia and experience the wonderful lands and ancients sites of the Incas.

Travel insurance, vaccinations, expensive flights, currency, safety, equiptment and various other planning later - there's three months to go and I simply can't wait.  The trip begins in Lima, Peru, taking on tours of the city before travelling into the Amazon to visit lakes and ancient ruins, the jungle and then beginning the three day trek to Machu Picchu, staying in South American houses, camping and much more before finishing in La Paz.

I simply can't wait and I wish I'd done this sooner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gig review: Levellers 'Beautiful Nights'.

Update & Lush face mask review

Mockingjay Part One: Film Review.